DETAILS & RULES
VCVC Gravel Grinder . 10 June 2023 . Macon, MO
1. The VCVC Gravel Grinder is a self-supported solo competition. You are 100% responsible for yourself and your equipment. The state of Missouri, county of Macon, city of Macon, event sponsors, event organizers, property owners, and any individuals involved in this event are NOT responsible for your safety or equipment.
2. All riders MUST wear proper safety gear and obey all city, county, and state laws and rules of the road
3. Every rider in each category is soley responsible for themselves and any accidents in which he or she may be involved.
4. In case of emergency or break-downs, riders can be assisted by motorized transport. If you accept motorized transport, you will relinquish your standings in the race.
5. The primary race course must be followed at all times, no short cuts (or cheaters) will be permitted if you want to have a recorced time or claim a prize. If you do want to cut it short, that's absolutely cool, you just won't be able to place in your category.
6. This race will happen regardless of rainy weather. In the event of life-threatening storms, the event organizer will reach out as soon as possible to let every pre-registered participant know. ONLY if we're getting severe weather will this be rescheudled, otherwise, be prepared for either lots of sun/some rain/a perfect overcast mid-June morning and day.
7. Walt's Bike Shop will provide sag support for the 75 mile riders, so it is highly suggested you bring a +1 in case you need picked up mid-route/have issues and are not on this route.
8. THIS COURSE IS NOT MARKED. Download routes on your devices AND print cue cards, but don't expect it to be marked with signs that day. We're five years in, we love you, but you *need* to download and/or print the route for yourself...trust us, there are giant holes in service along the route and you ought to be prepared.
9. All riders MUST sign a waiver prior to race start as well as show valid photo id.
10. Roads along the routes will not be closed, please make sure to obey all traffic laws and exercise caution at all times.
11. Reread all items 1-10 to ensure you fully understand how the day works and get ready to have a great ride!
ROUTES & CUE CARDS
Please download the route on your devices. Routes are available via Ride with GPS links below. Service may be spotty along *UNMARKED* route & you will need cue cards
*Read that again...Course is UNMARKED...You are responsible for downloading files.
Cue sheets for each route will be available the day of the ride.*
CYCLIST CHECK IN
All participants will check in between 7:00-7:45am the day of the event and be asked to: wet sign an event waiver, show valid ID, and donate an item for the pantry (if able). Check-in will take place in the parking lot on the corners of Vine Street, Rollins Street, and Oak Street in downtown Macon, MO (find it here).
Utilize large downtown parking lot to the west of Ben Franklin (find it here)
We've got BRGR BOXX & Juice's World of BBQ coming to sling delicious local food, West Winery will be our beer & wine vendor, there's LIVE MUSIC, outdoor games, and just a good time to be had from 11am-4pm! Party takes place in the Oak-Rollins parking lot (where registration/check-in was).
The community is invited & encouraged to attend too! A $5 suggested donation and/or pantry item donation is greatly appreciated, all proceeds go directly to the Macon County Emergency Food Pantry.
WHERE TO STAY
Check out the "About the Area" tab up at the top of this page!
We can't thank you enough for your support of the VCVC Gravel Grinder! Without the support of cyclists, community members, and local businesses this annual event wouldn't be possible.